Services offered by weaversbazaar
weaversbazaar offers a range of services to groups and individuals. Click on the links below to get summary details but do get in touch with us if you would like more information or if you would like to book an event.
For the last 13 years, weaversbazaar has invited people and organisations to apply for an award from our annual sponsorship fund. The primary aims of our sponsorship schemes are to
engage a community in actively participating in weaving,
support the development of novice weavers, or
actively and practically bring weaving to a new group of people
Our sponsorships are modest but can include funds, equipment, materials, support and other resources.
In 2024 we hope to sponsor to support initiatives which either
- Engage a community to actively participate in Tapestry Weaving
- Support the development of novice Tapestry Weavers, or
- Actively and practically open up Tapestry Weaving to a new group of people
- Support the planet through re-use, recycling or repurposing of materials in Tapestry – this is a new category in recognition that creativity remains critically important to people’s wellbeing but like all other areas of life we must all be aware of the resources we are using and use them as responsibly and effectively as possible – something we keep close at heart at weaversbazaar.
Over the years our sponsorship has enabled activities such as Guild workshops, the use of tapestry weaving as therapy for vulnerable individuals, community tapestry weaving projects, independent exhibitions and tapestry weaving activities as part of wider social events.
Look out for sponsorship application forms available here towards the end of 2023
Reports of all Previous Sponsorships:
Pop Up Shops: Postal or Fixed
We are very proud of our web site and get a great deal of positive feedback on the quality of its presentation, but nothing beats seeing and feeling yarn to get a full insight into its potential. So we are able to offer a Pop-Up Shop which brings all the products of weaversbazaar to your doorstep! There are two types of Pop-Up Shop:
- Postal Pop-Up Shop: we post the shop to you, with full instructions and guidance. You return the shop after your event and you or your organisation receives 10% commission on sales
- Fixed Pop-Up Shop: for those of you with secure studios or workshops where you deliver regular courses, we can provide you with a Pop-Up Shop that stays with you - we re-stock on a monthly basis and you earn 10% commission on sales
All of these options have significant benefits to both organisers, groups and those being presented with the opportunity to explore weaversbazaar products up close and personal. The shop contents can be fully tailored to your requirements. Do get in touch for more information.
weaversbazaar run occasional Masterclasses which are always led by a renowned, professional tapestry artist. The tutors deliver two or three-day sessions focusing on specific aspects of tapestry weaving. Aimed at experienced novices, intermediate or advanced weavers, these events are based in a dedicated tapestry studio in Angmering, Sussex. Lunches are included as well as full access to all our yarns. Go to the Courses page for details of what is currently on offer and the facility to book directly through our website.
If you would like one of our yarn weights dyed to your own colour specification we can do this for you.The process is simple;
Send us a sample of the colour(s) you are interested in
The sample should be at least one-inch square but can be any material, for instance, paper, fabric, card, plastic, or a yarn wrap
The sample should have a uniform colour
Let us know how much yarn and in which weights you want the colour matched
We will match the colour and send you a small sample in each weight to ensure the colour is right.
When you confirm the colour is correct we send the full order.This process takes about 6-8 weeks.Prices are the same as for our dyed yarns. Minimum order 500g/7oz per colour.
Get in touch with us if you would like more information.