Weaving yarns in just the right colours
At weaversbazaar, we offer wool, silk, linen, goat and nettle yarns, warp, weaving kits and equipment through our online store for weavers and textile artists. In addition, we offer a range of services including illustrated talks, workshops, equipment & materials rental and pop-up shops at your site or in our own studio in the heart of the Ashdown Forest
News & Events
Update on tax and customs for European Union Packages -
- Currently the tax and customs payment threshold for countries in the EU is 22 euros (approx £19.00) so any item under 22 Euros will not incur VAT or Customs charges.
- Goods valued between 22 euros and 150 euros will have a local VAT charge applied but no customs payment.
- Goods over 150 euros from any UK supplier will be charged VAT but should not be charged customs as they originate in the UK.
- However from July 1 the regulations are changing and all packages regardless of value sent from the UK to the EU will be subject to local VAT and customs payments. Local customs will contact the parcel recipient to collect these charges.
Update on stock levels
We would like to apologise for the length of time some customers have been waiting for some yarns. Unfortunately the emergence from lock down is proving as challenging as lock down itself and we are struggling to get some missing colours replaced. Many suppliers during lockdown continued to operate with skeleton staff levels and whilst they are now increasing staff again they are faced with lengthy back orders. We know they are doing their best and we are working on new schedules of delivery with them but it is possible that we will have shortages of some colours throughout summer. This will be shown on the website by a red dot next to the colour if we are out of stock.
We will aim to keep customers informed of when the missing colours will be available again as soon as we know but if you are concerned please do contact us and we will be happy to help you identify an alternative colour or refund you.
Sample Cards - the new version 0820 are now available here.
Pod Weaving Video Course available here
Tue 18th May to Mon 31st January - Fabric of the North - Kirkleatham Museum, Pop Up Shop 10.00am to 5.00pm - booking essential (01642 479500) Tuesday to Sunday.
Fri 25th June - Pop-Up Shop at West Dean College 12.00 to 2.00pm
Fri 16th July - Pop-Up Shop at West Dean College 12.00 to 2.00pm
Fri 23rd July - Pop-Up Shop at West Dean College 12.00 to 2.00pm
Quick links to our most popular pages:
- Online store - the main shop page
- Our full stock range of coloured wool yarn - almost 200 colours kept in stock
- Colour groups - our coloured wool yarn in 12 colour groups plus white through grey to black
- Our yarns - background and technical information on our yarns
- Introduction to Tapestry Weaving- an overview of woven tapestry
- Wool collections - collections of mixed coloured wool yarns
- Learning for free - How to sew slits in Tapestry Weaving
- Books on Tapestry Weaving - includes this years publications